CERTIFIED 3G MOBILE RF PROFESSIONAL:
Course Duration: 2 weeks ( 3 hrs /day)
Eligibility: B.E (ECE /EEE/CS/ETC/IT) . Final year students can also apply.
This course provides an introduction to operation and maintenance, cell planning and optimization through drive test for GSM and 3G network.
1. RF basics and propagation:
- RF bands and its Propagation
- Different modulation techniques used.
- RF links used for mobile and P2P networks
- Different types of antenna used in GSM and backbone applications
2. GSM Network
- GSM network architecture
- Functionality of each entity in the network
- Channels and frame structure
- Call flow – MT , MO
- GPRS and EDGE network
- Networking planning methods
3. UMTS /WCDMA network
- What is UMTS / WCDMA
- Comparison of technologies –TDMA /WCDMA
- GSM/GPRS 2G and 2.5 networks
- UMTS network overview
- Principles of 3G communication – WCDMA and Coding methods.
- UMTS Radio network
- Interface- core network and UTRAN
- UMTS key features and services
- RF optimization overview
- Practical issues and challenges in RF optimization
- Different types of drive test tools and its description
- Practical on drive test and understanding its reports.
- Optimization of RF network, based on drive test results.
Practical/Hands-on : Afforda has its own GSM, 3G and LTE / LTE-A network in the lab
- Drive test for GSM and WCDMA using TEMS
- Post processing of drive test results.
- GSM /3G network test in the LAB
At the end of the course:
The candidate will be able to understand, design and optimize GSM/3G access networks. Candidate will be able to carry out drive test and do optimization independently.